Hola todos!
It was another sickish week. We went to get the results of the X-ray this week, and everything checks out normal, so the only problem is his weight. The back kept us in the house one day this week, and two other days for migraine. It`s frustrating, and I wonder if he is milking it or not, but the only thing there is to do is keep plugging on and try to use well the time we do have in the sector. Francisco was confirmed yesterday, and my companion got to confirm him, that was really nice. Tanya was not feeling well and didn`t make it to church, so she will have to be confirmed next week. I`m trying to send more photos of their baptism.
This week we had interviews with President Essig as a zone. My interview was kind of crazy because I was struggling to do the interview in English! I feel that I can still carry on a reasonably intelligent conversation in English, but for some reason I was having a hard time in the interview. I never speak English anymore, since my companion doesn`t speak English, and so I`m kind of rusty. Hopefully I will be able to talk to all of you when I get home, because if not you`ll all just have to learn Spanish! Since my temple recommend is about to expire I also had the temple recommend interview, but the book President has is in Spanish, so this will probably have been the only time in my life that I have the temple recommend interview in Spanish!
We did have a kind of cool experience yesterday. Because my companion was not feeling well I was able to work out divisions and leave him with another member. Looking at the map of our sector a few days ago (we have already knocked every door in our sector at least once) I felt that we should go to a certain street. We hadn`t had time to go until yesterday, so I went with the member I was with. We started knocking doors and arrived at a certain door that we had knocked before, but I didn`t recognize the house immediately. An older man came out and I recognized him as being Abel, a man we had talked with a few minutes in the door last change. He has talked with all the religions, and his ideas are a pretty good mix of all of them, although he likes the Jehovah`s Witnesses best. We talked to him about modern prophets and he seemed intrigued by the idea, even though he doesn`t believe that God works through prophets in these days. I asked him if we could come in and explain to him about the Restoration of the Gospel, and he said yes. We taught him the first lesson and he agreed to read a chapter in the Book of Mormon and pray to know the truth. We set an appointment to come back another day. I don`t know if anything will come of it, but I know the Lord sent us to him for a reason.
Other than that there really isn`t much to tell this week. It`s been kind of slow. President mentioned that he is thinking of leaving only two missionaries in this ward, since the work here is pretty slow, so in the changes in two more weeks it is possible that my companion and I might both be changed. We`ll just have to wait and see. After this change I will only have three changes left! It`s so crazy!
I love you all!
Love, Elder Fugal