Monday, June 20, 2011

Cold

Hola todos!

Well this week nobody went to church. Consequently all of them lost their baptismal dates. Grrrrr..... We passed by Lidia and Saulo yesterday to see what happened, and they made some excuses, but really it was just laziness. It rained buckets this weekend, and I think the cold and the wet discouraged a lot of people from going out. It´s not like the US where everyone goes in cars and arrives where they want to go dry and warm; here most people have to walk in the cold to arrive at church, so the weather is much more of a challenge. This week the weather really took a turn for COLD. It was already cold, but it got miserable this week. I suppose temperature wise it’s not as cold here as it is back home, but as I said, we pass all our time outside. The houses don´t have central heating either, so when we enter houses it´s still pretty cold. I miss the days of being able to go inside during winter and crawl into light pajamas and be warm. Here I sleep with thermal underwear, three blankets, and a little electric heater right next to the bed, and it’s still cold. I pass all the day in my sweater on top of my regular clothes, scarf, earmuffs, gloves and a coat. People tell me that all I lack is a cane to look like a little old man. All in all, winter here is more miserable than it is back home. But, enough complaining about that ;-)

We are still working with the same people, but their lack of progression means that we really need to be looking for new people to teach. It´s a difficult process, especially now that it’s gotten seriously cold, but that’s what we need to do. So, that´s what we´re going to do. We had a class the other day about the difference between motivating the people and inspiring them, so we really need to figure out how to do that. I´ll admit I´m not sure how to do it, but we have to just put our faith in the Lord and do everything that He´s asked of us and wait for the blessings to come.

Well, I´m sorry this letter is so short, but I really don´t have much more to say this week. I love you all and pray that you all are well.

Love, Elder Fugal